June is a busy month for the Outreach Committee:
• Outreach Committee Meeting is Sunday, June 2 after the service.
• Supper House, Tuesday, June 11 -- Volunteers should contact Barb Huff so she knows who to expect to serve food that day.
• Mobile Food Pantry, Saturday, June 15 - The Boy Scouts have booked this Food Pantry. Some church workers will be needed.
• EXIT Lunch, Tuesday, June 18, the Mission & Outreach committee will provide and serve lunch to EXIT program students/prisoners attending their life skills classes that day. EXIT, Empowering Ex-offenders In Transition, is a local program working with Muskegon Country Jail inmates to provide intense job training, life skills and education over a 2-year period. The meal will consist of lasagna, salad, and cupcakes. Church Volunteers will make the lasagna, Outreach committee members will provide the salad, and the congregation is asked to donate cupcakes for dessert.
• Coffee Talk, Sunday, June 30, Michael Ramsey from Community Health Innovation Region.
Pastoral Care Team Members Provide Helpful Services
The Pastoral Care Team is now actively serving the members of St. Gregory’s. Each week Team members are scheduled for either Eucharistic Visits or various aspects of Pastoral Care. Those who are “on duty” are listed on the Server Schedule of the newsletter. Weekly Servers are also listed in Bulletin Announcements on Sundays. “All members of the congregation are on the Pastoral Team by letting the Team Members know when needs arise." Eucharistic Visitors are Linda Scheerer and Stu Smith. Pastoral Team Members include Mary Closz, Marge Collinge, Tracy Damm, Barb Huff.. Jim Horan heads up the Transportation & Delivery Team; Jeff Closz organizes the Music Team, and Gayle Katz updates and distributes the Prayer Chain. All members’ phone numbers are listed in the Parish Directory, which has just recently been updated and is available from the church office if you’ve misplaced yours.